Thursday, November 3, 2011

30 days of gratitude - day 1

I know I'm a couple days behind, but I've decided to play along. Between classes and homework and more homework and the occasional cleaning, it's hard to take a breath to think about anything else. Hopefully this will force me to take a step out of my tiny world and reflect on what's all going on around me...to help me open my eyes to what I can be thankful for.

I have two great friends, both named Bethany. One  has been a life-long friend who lives 1500 miles away. The other one is going through this crazy grad school program with me. Even though I've only known her 4 months, we just clicked. Instantly.

Today I got a sweet message from long-distance Bethany that totally made my day. I also got to have a deep, wonderful, much needed conversation over sparkling water with my grad-school Bethany. Both helped to lighten a particularly stressful day. 

So today, I am thankful for my Bethany friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment