Sunday, November 13, 2011

30 days of gratitude - day 13

Today I am thankful for my brother, Kevin.


This weekend he got to play Edmund in his school's play - The Chronicles of Narnia. My little brother has always be a bit theatrical. In a good way. He's got a kind heart, he's witty, and brilliant. He's pensive and insightful way beyond his years. He had to grow up with three very dramatic older sisters, so he's patient and understanding.

One of the hardest parts about being so far away from my family is missing him grow up. Every time I come home he's changed. His voice has gotten deeper, he's grown taller, become involved in new activities, and made new friends. He's not the little kid I remember when I moved away.

I'm thankful for Kevin because he brings a calming presence to my family. I'm thankful for the deep conversations we have. I'm thankful that he's been so kind to his crazy older sisters. And I'm thankful to have him as my brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment