Saturday, November 12, 2011

30 days of gratitude - day 12

Today I am grateful for my sister, Elizabeth.


This morning, she landed in Cambodia to lead a team of volunteers to help girls who've been rescued from the brothels and sex trade.

Even though while we were growing up I was constantly annoyed by my nearly perfect older sister, I can't even express the amount of respect and admiration I have for my big sis now. She's an idealist and a dreamer. She sees good in people that no one else can see. She intelligent, articulate, and empathetic. She bikes everywhere she goes, even in the dead of a Wisconsin winter. She's ambitious, adventurous, and a great story teller.

You can check out her Cambodia blog here. She mentioned to me that she would be updating it during her stay in Cambodia. If you're the praying type, please keep her in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment