Saturday, November 5, 2011

30 days of gratitude - day 3

After studying neurology for 8 hours today, I can honestly say that I am so thankful for my brain. 

Our brains our amazing. They allow us to learn a new skill, think critically, move our bodies, talk, perceive with our seven senses, feel emotions, form new habits (for better or worse), keep our hearts beating and our viscera functioning, and contain all of our experiences and make us who we are. It's astounding and I'm completely awestruck and the complexity of this pliable, jelly-like, convoluted organ. 

And I'm thankful I've been given a chance to actually use my brain. I'll hopefully go in depth on that another time. But, the weirdest thing is knowing that my brain is working to learn about the brain. That's just trippy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment