Wednesday, June 1, 2011

cloudy with a high of 65

I got this beauty in my bountiful basket and I can't wait until it's ripe.

Here we are. The first day of June. Looking outside, you'd never guess it was June. It more or less resembles April weather. But, there is one upside to the unusually cold weather. You see, my car has been nicknamed the "easy bake oven" because it's small, dark blue, and will slowly cook anyone riding in it. It is always at least 10 degrees warmer than the weather outside. Oh, and it doesn't have a working air conditioner. So this cool weather provides temporary relief while I'm driving.

Typically, I'm always a little sad to say good-bye to the month of May, but this year there's a lot to look forward to in the month of June.


  • Ahhhh....the Farmers Markets. Though they started popping up in May, the good stuff doesn't really start to come out until June. I miss the market in my hometown in Wisconsin, but I'm trying to make the most of what's available here. I think it's important to support my local community, and this is such a fun way to do it. 
  • At the end of this week, I am dropping down to working one shift a week at my job. As much as I love my job, I will not miss the crazy hours and unpredictable work schedule that is so not conducive to any sort of a social life. This schedule change will definitely help with finding some rhythm. 
  • I'm getting a little visit from my dad and his wife. It's his first time out to the great northwest and thank goodness it happens to be a pretty "happening" weekend in my city. We'll be busy hanging out at the Farm Chicks Show to visit my friend, Becca, who is a vendor, and also head over to ArtFest and maybe even take a drive up to Green Bluff.  (Strawberry picking also starts in June! Bonus!)
  • Next week, I actually get to have a couple of days off with TJ. That's right. No school. No work. No homework, even. This hardly ever happens, and so we always appreciate times like this. I'm thinking we're going to live it up with a drive to Coeur d'Alene, a little frisbee, and maybe even catch a flick. And definitely ice cream. 
  • The biggest and best-est thing that's coming up the start of GRAD SCHOOL! I've been nervously anticipating this since I first got my acceptance letter on March 15, and now it's less than 3 weeks away. I just need to do a little school supply shopping and take some time to crack open my giant anatomy books to give myself a little refresher. I can't wait to meet my classmates, a.k.a. the 29 people I will spend all of my time with over the next 2.5 years. Maybe I'll even make some new friends. 
Here's to June, and all the good things it brings with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment