Monday, May 16, 2011

happy birthday, Grampa Don

*I'm not sure how I managed to go through the whole day thinking it was the 17th of May, which is my Grampa's actual birthday...not May 16th. I guess that's what happens when I have a day off work. 

Today would have been my Grampa's 79th birthday. He passed away a little over a year ago from cancer.

He was a remarkable man. I know my words can't do justice. He was a strong, but gentle man. He was the definition of a hard worker. He loved everyone and judged no one. He was intelligent and innovative. He was humble and always cared for others above himself. He had a great sense of humor it was so cute when he would make my Gramma blush. He was the best story teller. He spoke with such wisdom and depth. He always beat me at zilch, but he could never beat my Gramma. =) I miss him more than I can express, but I'm so thankful that I got to have him as my Grampa.

No comments:

Post a Comment