Saturday, November 12, 2011

30 days of gratitude - day 11

I guess it may seem obvious that since yesterday was Veteren's Day, I would be thankful for the veterans. 

I am. 

I don't come from a long line of family who have served in the military. In fact the only person who I know of was my Grampa's brother who served in WWII and was killed. I know that impacted my Grampa tremendously, and he never failed to show his love of country. 

Because this is an issue that hasn't hit close to home, I've had some difficulty connecting with this holiday. (Just being honest here...)

BUT, over the last year I've met people who've served in the military, or who've had brothers, dads, or husbands serve and I've had a tiny insight into the tremendous sacrifice that they've made. 

So I know I'm a day late, but thank you to those people who've chosen to make that sacrifice.  


No comments:

Post a Comment